1. Animal Taxi. Dogs and cats both need to be taken to other places. Maybe it is heartworm treatment or brought to a boarding facility. Weekly transports are guaranteed and we need drivers.
2. Fostering. There is short term and long term. We have dogs that just need a nice place to stay for a couple weeks to a month. These dogs are moving on to bigger and better things and they could use a place to stay. Long term would require someone to keep the dog until it is adopted and finds its forever home. I have done both and it is great to give those dogs the one on one attention they deserve.
3. Office help. There is always something that the ladies could use help with. Filing and organizing papers. Maybe even cleaning up areas. Just ask and I am sure they would be so appreciative.
4. Photography. Beautiful photographs are the best way to market these animals. Volunteering to capture our adorable dogs and cats in their cutest poses is so helpful. Pictures say 1,000 words!
5. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK. We can't say how important it is to spread the word about the KCMO shelter. Many people have never heard of us and don't know where we are. They think we are full of pitbulls and unwanted animals, but KCPP is so much more, help us spread the word about all the wonderful things that are happening!